“Calcaterra is definitely a novelist to watch.”
— Bruce McAllister, acclaimed SF/F author
Garrett Calcaterra is an emerging novelist in the science fiction and fantasy field. His YA fantasy series The Dreamwielder Chronicles has garnered praise from readers all over the world. Calcaterra is currently writing the third and final book in the series, as well as an unrelated fantasy novel geared towards adults, tentatively titled The Beasts of Qaza.
In addition to writing, Calcaterra is an educator with over a dozen years of experience teaching creative writing and literature. He is frequently a panelist and moderator at science fiction conventions and book festivals, and he is a proud advocate of diversity in the SF/F/H community.
- The Beasts of Qaza. A fantasy/steampunk/sci-fi novel with dinosaurs. Forthcoming.
- Book 3 in The Dreamwielder Chronicles. A YA fantasy novel. Forthcoming.
- Dreamrush. A short story collection. 2016.
- Souldrifter. Book 2 of The Dreamwielder Chronicles. 2015.
- Dreamwielder. Book 1 of The Dreamwielder Chronicles. 2013.
- The Roads to Baldairn Motte. A mosaic fantasy novel, co-authored with Ahimsa Kerp and Craig Comer. 2011.
- Umbral Visions. Two horror novellas. 2010.